The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Story worth telling.

We were all ready to go home from the hospital. They wanted to see Aggie strapped in her car seat. Who knew most car seats are 5 lbs to whatever. Not so helpful if your baby is less than 5 lbs. So needless to say our car seat was too big. We could fit a whole hand between Aggie and the straps. The Dr. tried using blankets to make it fit better, but in the end I and the Dr. decided we just needed to go get a new car seat. Now apparently there is only 1 car seat made for 4 lb. babies. And according to the NICU we called some 5 lb. ones will tighten enough for smaller infants, but who knows which ones those are. So my in-laws came to pick us up from the hospital, my father-in-law and I took off from the hospital in search of a car seat, while grandma baby sat Aggie. I went the the Navy Exchange first b/c they often carry special items and it was the closest store to us, and I was in search of the 4 lb. car seat made by chicco. Thankfully they had it, but only in a travel system. So this is my father-in-law carrying our new travel system through the navy exchange so we could go to the hospital and pick up our 4 lb. baby. We got back and where finally free to leave! And now we have 5 strollers instead of 4. :) I've never had a "travel system" before.

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to picture you just having given birth shopping for a car seat for the new girl.. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same travel system we had and we liked it! Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete