She asked me if something was wrong with her eye? Later after gazing in the mirror to check out the damage she pointed to her puffy eye and said " this is my poor eye" then pointed to her right eye and said, "this is my lucky eye". I agreed, it was a pretty lucky eye.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
No more Nectarines!
Well we decided to see if Shiloh was allergic to Nectarines. We know she's allergic to peaches (among many other food allergies), but I have an uncle whom I though was allergic to the fuzz on the peach, but not the peach it's self. Though we avoid the whole of the peach with Shiloh, not knowing the specific trigger of the allergy, I though a nectarine is a completely differnt fruit, and fuzz-less to boot. She only had a little nibble about the size of a pea, and immediately complained of the "itchy mouth", I proceeded to give her benedryl, though we weren't sure if she was just trying to get out of trying something new. I always give the benedryl at the first complaint since it takes 30 min. to hit the blood stream, I'd rather her have an extra dose and not need it, than have lost time in the effectiveness. Let's just say, this is one time I was really glad I did. It only took about 5 min. from consumption for this to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor girl! It is a familiar site.
ReplyDelete