Monday, September 10, 2012
Sooo..... what is a squinkie anyway?
This is a questions I was asking about a year ago. My nieces have a collection of them, and so does one of our friends. It is as it looks, a small rubbery toy, in a plastic bubble. I couldn't figure out what all the rave was. Then after a visit to see my brother and his family and some play time at our friends home, it suddenly became something on Shiloh's wish list. My parents, always looking for ways to bless the children were happy to oblige, and so our own personal squinkie collection was born. We got a little bubble gum ball machine for the squinkies to be housed in, then we got more sqinkies in disney princess themes, cars theme, superhero, ect..... As you can see these little pieces of rubber, are pretty tiny, and well....... Aggie crawls around all day exploring her world orally. This Saturday was no different than any other day, and it just so happened she stumble upon on of these little treasures, or so we think. The report given to the mother upon her arrival home.....The father came upon the scene, noticed the empty bubble, and thought he might have seen something in the babes mouth. He approached for retrieval of the anonymous object, upon inspection there was nothing to be found. Did she or didn't she swallow something? That is the question that plagued us through the weekend. She was after all acting a little different at times, and we weren't certain due to her tummy surgery last Fall that if something the size of a squinkie could pass. I'm a wait and see kind of person, so that's what we did. We were still uncertain this morning, so I called her Dr. now that they were open, and they thought it would be best to see her. So we did. The Dr. decided, "he didn't think anything was obstructed, but anything can happen", no foul play suspected, he ordered an x-ray, and in the event that her symptoms worsen, he wants us to go get it, "though he doesn't think a plastic toy will show up on it". So I guess we will continue to wait and see. She doesn't seem exactly normal to me yet, but I am praying that all will be well soon, whatever the problem might be. The joys of parenting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, the joys, you are right. Asher was given some Cars squinkies, but I got rid of them for this exact reason with two crawlers exploring in our house. :). They are cute little things though.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well soon. It is hard to be prepared for evrything that might happen.
ReplyDelete