The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't think she understands.....

what Iraq is. Being a military family, or maybe just the age we live in, Iraq has become a common household word, at least in our home. It of course had it's rise in our home when "that's where daddy was".

So Mike has been home from work for a long holiday weekend, this morning I overheard this dialogue between him and Shiloh. Shiloh said, "Daddy, mommy took me to Iraq and gave me candy." Mike's reply, "you haven't been to Iraq". Shiloh responded with a matter-of-fact, "well I got candy".

I know she is remembering when we "went and picked daddy up from Iraq" at the squadron hanger. So the hanger has become Iraq to her. And she was given a goodie bag by some nice ladies while we were waiting to be re-united with Mike. It is funny that she doesn't remember she got to see her father after 6 months of absence, but that candy sure was yummy!

1 comment: