The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunny Florida?


While my parents were here we took them to the edge of the land to view the Gulf. It was 60 degrees and windy, but there were still a couple people there with swim suits on, crazies. I always imagine in my mind these are people from far north that planned a "tropical vacation" in FL to escape the winter only to find out it's winter in FL also, and have decided to "enjoy" it while they are here. It reminds me of something I would have tried to do about 7 years ago, when "the south" was a foreign place to me, and I thought any place with a beach on the ocean had to be warm and cozy year round. I think my dad struggles with facing this reality as well. He commented several times on the weather/temperature and would say "I thought i came to FL." My standard replay became "it's winter in FL too". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment