The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Choo-Choo.... Here comes the "potty-train"!!!

Praise the Lord!! The little man is ready. I wasn't really ready, b/c I wanted the baby to be sleeping through the night before this all started. But the last couple weeks he's been showing signs of being able and ready, I just needed to pull up my boot straps and do it!! After reading about my good friend CS success the previous week, and Hosea desire to wear is "mater undies" I said, "ok buddy let's put them on" and we haven't looked back. Today was day 4, and he is doing great! We got off to a slow start b/c there was some trouble-shooting with position and aim, some trial and error and a bit of frustration, but I think we've found our nitch. So much so, that he is able to do it on his own, which is his preference b/c he's mister independent and my preference also, since i'm usually nursing when he needs to go. If anyone wants or needs to know details about what worked for us, I would be happy to share, b/c honestly finding our "position" was the biggest headache of it all, and I think it could be a common boy problem. I'm sure as he grows it will change, but for the time being, I praise the Lord for creative thinking!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Hosea AND Appollo!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just tackled this also as I was hoping to have it done before getting another in diapers. It really was more about me being ready then him I think. Aim was more of an issue with Carson then Nic for sure, but after almost 6 weeks of being diaper free he has moved from sitting to standing and doing all of it by himself... except the wiping. He even makes it though the school day 9-1 without issue. I feel your excitement! Congrats to Hosea!

    ReplyDelete