The ear Dr's have been at battle, almost ever since there was more than one. We see the ENT and Audiologist at clinic, then a completely different Audiologist for the hearing aid. These two practices have been feuding since we stepped through the hearing aid door. The hearing aid Dr. is concerned that the original ABR hearing test was done with fluid in Aggie's ear since she has always had fluid in her ear to her knowledge, legitimate concern. The ENT insists that he checked for fluid before the test, therefore the test is accurate. The Audiologist mentions he may have looked, but did he do a "bond conductivity test" which would be a more accurate way of telling. The obvious answer to this is.... of course... no, but no one will say this. Since Aggie will be getting tubes in her ears August 15 for all her fluid issues the audiologist would like another ABR done to confirm the level of hearing loss. ENT refuses. So I called our new pediatrician for council on the matter, he's in charge after all, an calls all the shots. I left a message on a nurse line and 30 min. later the Dr. is returning my call, amazing! He gave me the new plan, and said he would take care of it, fantastic! The new plan is, proceed with the tubes. Give the ears a few weeks to dry up, redo hearing test. This is very logical, the only bad part is Aggie will have to be sedated twice. But if that means we can better care for her hearing needs, than that is probably best. It is possible she may have better hearing than we think, since there may or may not have been fluid present for the original test.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
News Feed
Aggie's PT went well. Her arms are still tight, she needs to reach up more. They commented on how much babbling she was doing. It is so funny, but this past week I had the thought that I'd been asking the Lord for healing and progression with her physical well-being, all the while neglecting to ask for communication skills. Since her brain injury may effect "gross motor skills and communication". After I noticed my negligence, and began praying, guess who has become a chatter box? It's such a sweet life the Lord has given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it that so many people are so concerned for this dear little girl. I love it even more the sweet answers to prayer you guys are enjoying. We prayed for Aggie this morning again as well.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys!