- We love this! Probably our favorite, and with Fall upon us it's perfect. I serve it with the Rosemary Bread I posted a while back, I love to dip it. You girls make some mean bread, so I'm sure your loaf of choice will be just as yummy. I also usually double the recipe so are little family can get 2 plus meals out of it. Mike and I eat at least two hardy bowls full per meal. Enjoy!
- Sweet red pepper and gouda soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 fluid ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
Directions:
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 15 to 20 minutes OR until tender.
- 3Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Do this in batches as necessary depending on the size of your blender. Be careful not to overfill your blender. I do a little less than half full. I did it to half one time and regretted it, the pressure from the heat plays in. I always put a kitchen towel over the blender just incase the lid isn't as secure as I think. I messed this step up twice. Both times it was messy, one time it was painful; hot liquid all over my arm.
- 6Return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat.
- 7Stir in the heavy cream, the ground black pepper and cheese, and allow to heat through about 5 to 10 minutes.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-red-pepper-and-gouda-soup-436946#ixzz1c7jAAdCp
No comments:
Post a Comment