The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Staying in Vs. Getting out........ Take 2

I don't know if your remember this post back in April. But I shared Mike and I's struggles of whether or not to stay in the Military. We've leaned heavily both ways on more than one occasion not certain what would most please the Lord, which is our chief concern. In April we settled on trying to stay in, and prayed the if that was not the will of the Lord that He would make that clear to us. I can say with certainty that our exact prayer has been answered. It is not looking probable that the Marine Corp is going to be an option for us anymore. We learned the week prior to Christmas that Mike was "passed over" for promotion. This came as a huge shock to us as Mike has had outstanding "fit reps"(military grade cards), his last 3 were 100, which is as high as he can get, his lowest was in the mid 80's about 5 years ago, but still not the lowest score out there. We honestly thought he was a shoe in for promotion. But as the Lord has sovereignly seen fit, we were "passed over". If one is passed over twice they are essentially kicked out of the Marine Corp. Once one is passed over it is less likely for them to be promoted the second time around. All this to say, we aren't anticipating much forward progress in this area. We fully believe God to be sovereign over all things and are trusting in His goodness. Mike is looking into possible post Marine Corp jobs. Many of them will involve a transition period of no employment or part-time employment for one reason or another. In preparation for this time we will be saving money and I will be working on getting all my nursing credentials in order. I am excited at the opportunity to serve my family in this way, and grateful to the Lord for equipping us for such an option. As of right now we are planning on laying roots here in Milton/Pensacola area, unless the Lord should guide us elsewhere. We are excited at what the future might hold for us. It will have it's joys and struggles no doubt, but we have the promise of "a hope and future" and we eagerly anticipate what that might be.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the example of trusting in our good, sovereign Lord. Love to you and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Appollo. We will be praying for you and Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appollo, I somehow missed this post. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so. I know this is a huge decision, but must be easier seeing the Lord's hand so clearly in it! May He continue to bless you and guide you through these coming years of transition.

    ReplyDelete