This was also a humbling experience, as I have never been good at memorizing things, it's right up there with my spelling and gammer skills. My sweet Shiloh had it memorized before I did, and had to help me at times when we would be practicing with out our notes, usually in the van. I hope to have this experience again in the very near future, it's sooo good for us. What scripture to do next? Hummm???
Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentines!
I have really been trying to make Valentines Day a day that I focus more on loving Mike and the kids in an exceptional way, than I do on receiving love. Sadly this has only been true for a few years, I use to be more concerned with how well Mike could love me, so sad! Praise the Lord for sanctification! Anyway, it has been so fun for me to be creative in this way. One year I did something really corny and awoke early b/c Mike had to work, and served heart shape pancakes, and bought heart shape mugs, and a few other cheap items and romanced my man for breakfast. Since Aggie had her MRI this morning, I needed to think of something new and different. Since I recently read some chapters in "Treasuring God in our Traditions" by Noel Piper, I read about a good idea for Christmas, but I was a bit late for that, so I decided to implement it for Valentines Day. I was especially urged to go forward with it when my good friend CS, was doing the same good thing only with no holiday attached. Which I think we will do also. So for Valentines Day the Kids and I memorized Psalm 23 and they preformed it for Mike, there were other sweet things like a card and candy, but I think this was the best part! Never mind Hosea's performance skills, he gets it from His mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AWESOME!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
ReplyDelete