We've been amusing ourselves lately......

I got my sewing machine out and tried my luck with the "pillowcase dresses" I've been hearing so much about. I found
a cute pattern on pinterest that was very simple. I made Shiloh 2 dresses, and had enough extra fabric to make 2 for her dolls, and one for my little doll. She really likes it. :) This would be a perfect project for a beginning seamstress, or someone learning. It is quick, easy and fruitful.
On to other exciting things.......

This may not appear to be much to the random on looker, but my boy, until recently has refused to try and write his name. Since he is not yet kindergarten age I didn't push him. I want learning to be fun for him, not a fight between us. Though that may come someday. Any who....... he's been sitting in on "school" more lately, ( i give him the choice) I usually copy him a page to color or something if he's interested. A new skill is emerging, he's been trying to write his name on the top of his page just like his big sister does. The first occurrence was super cute, he was so proud of himself. He showed me as if it were a big surprise gift for me "look mommy I wrote my name". With a gleaming grin! I loved it. A perfect present.
Last but not least......

This has become a regular morning activity for the children. Thrilling....... Who needs a Jack-N-the-Box when we have a toaster. They crack me up.
LOL!! too funny. i'm pulling out the toaster today!! p.s. love the dresses.
ReplyDeletehope you all are doing well.
Only you would have thought to do that for intertainment. Making the best out of any job.
ReplyDeleteThe dresses are cute & the girls look like they are having fun.
ReplyDelete