The Clan

The Clan
" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

Friday, December 7, 2012

Book Recomendation

"A praying life" by Paul Miller
A good friend pursued me, and recommended that we read this book together.  At the time, I was so dry spiritually that I had no idea how much it would affect me, and confront my sin and restore to me a right view of my savior that had been distorted gradually by my life circumstances.  But it has done just that, and has been a breath of fresh air.  At the time, I found myself floundering a bit; when she recommended it to me I thought, " I guess a book on prayer would be just as helpful as anything else at this point?", not really knowing what my need was, but realizing I certainly had one.  So in short God has used this book to revive places in my heart that had grown cynical and hard, and restored me to himself as my loving father.  Much like the prodigal son upon his return home.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made it very far, but I'm really enjoying it. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete